Goals Goals Goals

Updated: Apr 22, 2020

In 1979, Harvard business school did a study on goal setting. They took the graduating class and asked them this one simple question: "Have you set written goals and created a plan for their attainment?" They were trying to determine the effects that goal setting has on the rest of your life, and on your goals.

Before graduating:

  • 84% of the graduating class had set no goals at all

  • 13% of the class had set written goals but had no concrete plans

  • 3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans

After 10 years the 13% of the class that had written their goals down but had not created plans, were making two times as much money as the 84% that hadn't set their goals.

However, the interesting part is that the 3% of the class that had both written goals and a plan, were making ten times as much as the rest of the 97% of the class.

So today we wrote down our goals in our graduation workshop, I am graduating as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist. What I realized is that I have a really amazing practice setting goals and reassessing as the years go by. This has come to be a part of me, first in my younger teen years as someone who loved to collage and scrapbook, with vision boards. Later as I was thinking about applying to colleges.

It really began to refine as a started learning from the leaders in business from around North America. I have gone to numerous business training, mindset and lifestyle expos over the past 3 years. Learned from friends crushing it in all areas. And on top of all of that and probably the most powerful, is that I frequently practice meditations in which I sit down and have a conversation with my higher self, to receive guidance and signs about what I am doing right and what I need more of.

What have I figured out about goal setting?

First, you need to create your categories because I personally think when you set goals a lot of the time people leave out large chunks of their life and set really specific goals in say their love life but not in their spiritual life and it's hard for the universe to align the two if you aren't even clear on what you want.

The areas that I set goals in are:

  • Spirituality and Belief

  • Creativity

  • Relationships

  • Career

  • Health

  • Travel

  • Family & Community

  • Wealth

  • Fame & Reputation

Now some of you might think, some of these things dont matter to me... and that's okay for now, when you start to excel in all the areas you feel most passionate about others will become more important. Right now you might not be feeling like fame is important but reframe that to mean being well known by the specific audience to which you want to be making an impact on.

Second, you want to set present tense "I am..." goals. Saying "I want" on a goal is wonderful but you will acheive what you write down and that will still be wanting and not doing or having or being.

I am going to attach a great worksheet for you to fill out, now I like to do this once a year, and look at it on a regular basis and see what is no longer important to me, what has been achieved what has been changed etc. because like ourselves our goals will change as we learn and grow into the person that we are. The more layers of conditioning that we peel off that aren't who we actually are the less our goals will look like someone elses list.

Third, take time to reflect on the goals that come to mind and refine the list to ensure that you can include all that you want, while still setting time aside to actively go after all of them.

Fourth, back them with feeling, visualize how you will feel when you achieve it. Why do you even want this thing that you're working towards what is it you are searching for.

Lastly, for now, is read them often. If youre more of a visual person, create a folder on your phone and change your phone background once a month, make a vision board, whatever it might be, look at those goals on a weekly if not daily basis.

Oh and...

Please join the facebook group so that I can see you crush your goals while you namaste caffeinated. hehe



#goalsetting #confidence #thoughts #expectations #soul #selfawareness #selfrealization #LifeLessons

6 views0 comments
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • TikTok
  • Tumblr Social Icon

©2018 by Namaste Caffeinated. Proudly created with Wix.com